Mapping a seasonal swing bridge

The Irondequoit Bay Outlet Bridge outside of Rochester, NY, USA is a swing bridge that is in two fixed positions depending on the time of year. It is open to boats/closed to vehicular traffic from April 1 to October 30, and vice versa from November 1 to March 31. With that background out of the way, the way’s history over the last three years has seen various edits to indicate the bridge’s real-time status, either adding/removing “access=no” or disconnecting the way to mimic the swing of the bridge.

The way is already tagged with “access:conditional=no @ (Apr-Oct)”, which to my understanding should cover the seasonal open/closed situation I described above. The repeated applications of “access=no” and the geometry modifications seem at best redundant (access tag) and at worst tagging for the renderer (changing geometry), but I wanted to get opinions from the community before applying further edits to the way.

As far as I’m aware we don’t yet have a way of doing positional representations of moving objects, whether bridges, flood barriers, jetways, inclined boat lifts, lock gates large enough to be mapped as ways etc.

I think it would be useful to be able to map swept areas and major positions, but that’s a topic for General talk or Tagging general discussion, unless I’ve completely missed an existing scheme.