I looked around for some time but have not found a solution for the following problem.
So I decided to register and ask this forum.
I am looking for a way to generate a map (for Garmin GPS finally),
that has the abillity to show streets/roads/highways/tracks/…
- that are not paved but still suitable for motorbikes -
in a distinct way, such they are easily found on a map.
I would use this map to select/plan routes with my GPS which contain many legal offroad parts.
My idea was:
- Download osm data of a region I’m intersted in.
- use splitter/mkgmap
- configure my own style file
- generate the map and copy it to my GPS
2 problems here for me:
- I would use the “new style” from http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ as something to with,
but I have not found a place to download it. Where can I get it from,
Is this just one file, actually?
- How do I have to change the style file for a distinct representaion of such tracks/roads/etc.?
I probably would have to select these roads/tracks/etc. like
(surface=unpaved or surface=fine_gravel or surface=sand ...) and (motor_vehicle=yes or motor_vehicle=permissble)
But now how do I change the representation on the map so that they are found easily.
Thnaks in advance