Major problems with Amazon edits

The user is active again and still the link from the profile to the project is missing. :unamused:

Thanks. See https://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/7127. @deepikja , could you perhaps have a quiet word with them?

For info, I’m using messages in English because the locale of their changesets is “en-US”.

1 Like

You are welcome. Though I find it quite exhausting and disappointing that I have to repeat myself several times and that I have to ask some questions over and over again. Would you please be keen enough to answer all my questions.

Thanks for that.

Well, I can only judge your SOPs comparing changesets and finding errors. Even then it might be an employee not understanding or carefully enough following the SOPs.
Would you please describe all your tasks on the wiki?

Note, the tasks Modified road into Dual Carriageway and Added Directions are overlapping. E.g. the problems with adjusting tags and relations are related to both.

Thanks for considering JOSM, though, the underlying problem in understanding and adjusting tags and relations is not automatically solved using JOSM but certainly better supported, especially, if your take all the plugins, external presets, external mappaint styles, external rules plus the option to create and use own presets, styles and rules into account.

One question: Did you review all similar edits besides the few I have commented? How many accounts where involved in this tasks?
Looking at older changesets of the task Modified road into Dual Carriageway from around a year ago, I find identical problems with route relations and sadly many of these broken relations have not been repaired but continue to get messed up more and more. Reverting single changesets will often not solve the problem and will turn more complicated if relations have been modified afterwards.
Looks like there is need of a major repair of a lot of route relations in the US. Are there any plans on Amazon’s side to help with the clean up?

3 Likes

And once more @nagalvad continues to upload changes without the required link from the user’s profile to the project. :disappointed:
Please, block the user for a month as (s)he can still get in contact with the DWG to unblock earlier if required steps are made.

Let’s try 1 day to start with. @deepikja , I get the feeling that part of your job is to prevent things getting to this stage?

3 Likes

We understand that some edits we made to OSM may not have been as recent as the local information. We are continuously working to ensure proper quality checks are in place to weed out bad edits and also the resources available to us are updated.
Our aim is to fix the navigational issues faced by our delivery partners, which includes addition/modification of directions, restrictions, access tags and any other attributes which will help improve the navigation experience.

Our aim is to fix the navigational issues faced by our delivery partners, which includes addition/modification of directions, restrictions, access tags and any other attributes which will help improve the navigation experience.

Thank you for suggesting the plugins and additional resources we can use. We will use JOSM and we are looking at ways to incorporate the suggested mechanisms to ensure that the existing attributes are not tampered. We will make necessary adjustments to ensure that the existing relations/routes/attributes in accordance to the ground reality.

The changesets which were added by Amazon underwent the same quality check and used all the available resources at the time of their edit. We humbly acknowledge that the ground reality might have changed since or there is a scope of improvement in some of our edits. In order address this, we will pick up samples of our edits and identify the scope of the problem and ensure that the learnings are used to make necessary corrections in our future edits.

1 Like