Location marker disappears

Hi all,

I apologize if this is a simple thing to fix, I have never experienced this in OSM before so I don’t know if it’s a bug or something i need to remedy in my settings. Usually when I plug in lat/longs into the OSM search, the location marker is static when it finds the lat/long I was looking for. However, today, in both Chrome and IE, I see that once my mouse is off the search result link, even after I click it to lock the location down, the marker disappears, which as you can imagine, is very annoying. Is there a way to remedy this? Please let me know if you need me to be more descriptive.

Best,

Alex

I can confirm when entering for example 52.3 10.8 in the search box on osm.org,

that the red pinpoint marker dissapears after one second.

Did you try the “share” menu on the right screen side? There is an option / checkbox “set map marker” or similar.

After that, a blue marker is shown, which can be moved via mouse.

And on the right screen menu you can get a URL to osm.org with that marker aktivated.

Is that what you are aiming at?

I have the same question. I was able to use the “share” menu as you suggested. Sort of, although the blue marker also disappears if I close the “Share” menu. And this makes what should be an extremely simply function quite confusing and it’s quite counterintuitive. Isn’t “search for something, show it on the map” about the most basic and obvious function for any kind of mapping system? Why is this so hard? What am I missing here?