As I can see, lot of people answer to this thread
New version is out.
I’d rewrited entirely the prog, as I want to process big osm files (tested with 2.7Gb osm file)
It 's a little more slow than the first version, but do things better.
Now you can configure the mp file with a ini file (see inside for details).
There are 2 html output files :
One for the duplicates nodes, one for the dead-end ways without connections who are close to another way.
The duplicate find this :
The dead-end find this :
If you want only the html report and the program faster, you could set the distance for duplicates nodes to 0 meters.
Known bugs : if a way with dead-end is very short, it will find it even if it’s far from another way.
Here is the program : osm2mp_Tof_V2.zip
My name is Christophe, I’m French and I’m living in the south-west of Japan (Kyushu island).
As I would export OSM datas to an Android tablet for navigation, I found that datas in Japan are very…not accurate .
I began by exporting some datas with the tool “osm2mp”, and could find some problems in GPSmapedit with the function “Verify map” for resolve them in OSM (Enjoy the ID editor ).
As the tool “osm2mp” is a little slow, and I don’t need others things than the roads and routing datas, I’ve tried to make my own “osm2mp”.
When developing this tool, I trust it could be good if it could resolve some problems when exporting (nodes too close; duplicates roads;…)
Here is the alpha version, I believe some peoples could use it as it’s very quick in conversion, but it’s really the 1st approach and I have a lot of works to do…
For now, this tool do :
- Convert .osm to .mp (only roads and with some restrictions - see below).
- Find duplicates ways, and output a html page with the list it found with the possibility to go directly on OpenStreetMap for edit them. (No html if nothing found).
- Remove nodes too close from another when exporting (distance is configurable).
- Very fast conversion (about 1min for 1.3Gb osm file).
Now the bad :
- For now I haven’t implemented the configurable output scheme. It’s hard-coded: type set to navitel, and the ways types are hard-coded.
- No support for level in GPSmapedit.
- Find duplicate ways only if they have the same number of nodes.
- You must restart the program to make a new conversion (I’m a very bad programmer ! , and as I did a lot of functions for testing and my code is not well commented, I’ve some troubles for cleaning it).
- I don’t use the relations of the osm file. I’ve looked for that in the wiki, but I understood nothing !
- … lot more …
I’m continuisly working on it from about 1 week ago, and for now, for me it do what I’m asking for. But if I post here, it’s because I would like to know if some people are interested by this tool, and if I should continu the developement. Else, I keep it like this for my personnal use.
So let me know…
Ha, and I forgot : this tools in programmed under VisualStudio C#, so Windows versions only
File : osm2mp_Tof.zip