Let's Discuss: Building a Detailed Open Street Map of Rwanda

Hi everyone!

I’m excited to be part of the OpenStreetMap Africa community platform and I’m particularly interested in contributing to mapping efforts in Rwanda.

Rwanda has made incredible strides in recent years, and having a comprehensive and up-to-date Open Street Map (OSM) is crucial for continued development.

Here are some areas I think we can discuss to move forward:

• Identifying data gaps: What areas of Rwanda are currently under-mapped on OSM? Are there specific features, like public transport routes or points of interest (POIs), that need more attention?
  • Collaboration opportunities: How can we work together as a community to tackle these data gaps? Are there organizations in Rwanda interested in partnering on mapping projects?
  • Sharing resources and best practices: What tools and techniques have you found most effective for mapping in Rwanda?
  • Overcoming challenges: What are some of the unique challenges we face when mapping in Rwanda? How can we overcome these obstacles?

I believe that by working together, we can create a detailed and valuable OpenStreetMap for Rwanda.

Kigali
Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!**

• What are your priorities for improving the OSM map of Rwanda?
  • Have you participated in any mapping initiatives in Rwanda before?
  • What kind of support would be helpful for new mappers in Rwanda?

I’m looking forward to a productive discussion and collaborating with all of you!

1 Like