Keypad-Mapper 3 translation

Hello Argentinian OSM community

Keypad-Mapper 3 is a highly effective OSM Android app for mapping house numbers and addresses.
Details can be found here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Keypad-Mapper_3

In approx. 5 weeks we are planning to launch a new version that will support mapping of POIs as well.

Along with the launch of the new version we would like to make the app available in many more languages and therefore need OSM members that can do the translation.
The following languages are currently supported: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Greek, German, Polish, Dutch.

Thank you very much for your support!

Cheers Markus
OSM: Markus59

Markus: Thanks for your post.

I translated something of the page’s project to spanish.

BTW, please, change to GPL licence! :slight_smile:

Regards.

EDIT: Here ES:Keypad-Mapper_3

Hi Sefer,

thx alot for your support. This is really cool!
As you can see from the other translations we really try hard to provide a good documentation for the app in order to make its usage as efficient as possible.
The spanish translation of the app itself already exists, so indeed most important need now is

• promotion of the app
  • Wiki translation

It would be great, if the Argentinian community could support Keypad-Mapper 3 in both ways.

If there are any special requirements for the Argentinian users pls let us know! We are more than willing to further enhance keypad-Mapper 3.

Markus

+1

GPL license:
Keypad-Mapper is not our idea. There was a version 1 and a version 2 before. Details can be foud on the wiki page.
These 2 versions were under BSD as you can see on the keypadmapper wiki page (one word, without “-”).
I do not know if we can just change the license without acknowledegment of the former developers and quite frankly I do not want to spend my time with this.
In addition I do not have the knowledge about the difference of the two licenses.
If you think it is important to do something here, then pls sort it out with the former devs and then just execute it on the wiki by adding the statements of the former developers for confirmeation to the wiki.
I myself don´t care if it is GPL or BSD. My only intention is that the app is avail for the community including source code.