Key:Pedagogy Proposal

Hallo!

Mein deutsch ist nicht so gut; entschuldigung.

I recently created a proposal for a new key to record pedagogy: Proposed features/Key:pedagogy - OpenStreetMap Wiki.

The proposal is very similar to the institution:pedagogy tag which is used almost entirely in Germany. This key is referenced only here: DE:Tag:amenity=kindergarten - OpenStreetMap Wiki.

I would appreciate your thoughts and feedback on the proposal.

Danke,
Dian

1 Like

Schön zu sehen :- )

Es sieht so aus, als ob der Eintrag damals 2016 durch folgende Änderungssätze hinzugefügt wurde:

Die Diskussion fand scheinbar auf der 3. Seite von
Öffnungszeiten für Kindergärten?
statt.

Ich würde in dem Beschreibungstext / Definitionstext nicht direkt auf wikipedia verweisen, da Du / wir ja hier unsere eigene Definition schreiben ;- )

Weiterhin könntest Du bei
Applies to: node, area, relation
die Vorlagen für die Symbole {{IconNode}}, {{IconArea}}, {{IconRelation}} hinzufügen…

Ich bin nicht sicher welche Variante (institution:pedagogy / pedagogy) vorteilhafter ist, ggf. würden mir zusätzlich folgende Schlüssel einfallen:

• pedagogy:concept
  • pedagogy:method
1 Like

Ich bin nicht sicher welche Variante (institution:pedagogy / pedagogy) vorteilhafter ist

abgesehen von derzeitiger Nutzung finde ich “pedagogy” besser weil kürzer und weil institution m.E. keinerlei Zusatzinformationen transportiert

institution:pedagogy ist auch nicht mein Favorit, allerdings klingt mir pedagogy recht allgemein und neben pedagogy:concept & pedagogy:method wäre z.B. pedagogy:type auch noch kürzer als
institution:pedagogy ;- )

Nebenbei, wie würden denn beispielsweise folgende Daten in das allgemeine pedagogy Schema passen?:

• Medienpädagogik
  • Reformpädagogik
2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile:

I’m not familiar with either Medienpädagogik (“Media Education”?) or the reform pedagogy. Are they categories of pedagogies (like waldorf), or a different concept entirely?

1 Like

Medienpädagogik is focused on teaching children to understand and use media. On the one hand to give them the ability to understand how media work, what reliable sources of information are etc. On the other hand creating media works themselves (films, photos, radio features etc.).

Reformpädagogik is a umbrella term for pedagogy concepts that put the child and it needs in the center, based on teachings by Comenius, Rousseau, Pestalozzi, Montessori etc.

1 Like

Ah, thank you.

I will update the proposal later today to incorporate these examples.

I may be misinterpreting, but it seems like this concept is in a different semantic class than the other ones like Waldorf, etc. The latter describe the method of teaching itself (i.e. they operate more on a meta level, about the learning process), whereas this one seems more about the content that is taught, regardless of the method/philosophy used to teach it. Am I missing something?

That is somehow correct, apart from that Waldorf pedagogy also has different contents, not only different methods.

I see, thanks for clarifying. IMHO we should restrict the tag to refer to the teaching methods (pedagogy), otherwise the conceptual model will be confusing and may lead to a messier set of values for the tag down the road. I’ll make this suggestion in the proposal discussion.

1 Like