Issue with importing gas station points

I am new to OSM and im using overpass turbo to find gas stations in a certain region which i want to import into another app. When i import the gpx, some of them are good, but some are small line’s on the map instead of a point. Is there any way to fix this? The first one is how i want it. But as you can see in the second one, its a small track. Is there any way to change this?

1 Like

This is the second picture

The second one is probably made part the fuel pump covering roof. Read somewhere a while ago those are preferred to be separated, the roof being at layer 1 but I can’t remember the actual argument why that was. Recently someone from Germany changed this in Italy so there must be some international consensus.

Hmm that sounds intresting, if you find out who it was or how he did it let me know!

1 Like

Linking your Overpass query and locations for the provided screenshots would help people helping you better.

If you only want nodes (even if the feature is mapped as a way) maybe you could be interested in using “out center;” in your query. See: Overpass API/Overpass QL - OpenStreetMap Wiki

4 Likes

overpass turbo This was the query i used, after using “out center;” instead of using out body; and out skel qt; it did what i wanted :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for helping me out!

1 Like