How to contact the person / group running a MapRoulette challenge?

Note that Discourse allows topics and messages integration on external apps and websites using its API and Javascript.

2 Likes

I’ve commented there, but will also say this here: With “organised” edits such as these, it should be possible to get from a problem changeset to the organiser without having to login to a third-party system. There should be no hidden roadblocks (like the link vanishing when the challenge is “complete”).

1 Like

That was done for this challenge, and all of our challenges - we have a direct link to the challenge, two hash tags and users should follow the guidelines of a good changeset comment.
I think this feature may already be available - you can choose to add the challenge URL to the changeset comment, but not the individual task, I would think this addition would be fairly straightforward.
MRChallenge

To @emvee’s point, there are no notifications in MapRoulette, etc that tell a challenge owner a comment was received. I wonder if those comments would not be added if the username of the challenge creator was displayed on a challenge homepage - the assumption being a user would prefer to send a DM than comment on a challenge. The username being visible is a simpler option.

It may be useful to have a MapRoulette Challenge section of the forums, similar to discord, whatever the community prefers.

Full transparency, I am still working on reverting mechanical edits from the challenge, I don’t expect to be done until early next week.

For now the maproulette tag is being used under General talk category because the volume of conversations is low, but once you expect a high volume of topics you can always request a new category from :heavy_plus_sign: New category requests

1 Like

It certainly wasn’t done for all of them (I haven’t checked “all” because obtaining a list of “all” changesets is nontrivial). For example here, the changeset comment is only “Corrected historic tags. #expediagroup maproulette MapRoulette”. The link https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/27952 displays no information about the challenge creator.

Thanks

The challenge link is attached to all edits made to the challenge, there is not an option for the tasks. I should have clarified.

1 Like

The task URL feature could avoid a lot of “noise” around MapRoulette changesets, as on this page the most important links and information (e.g. INSTRUCTIONS, TASK PROPERTIES, TASK STATUS, HISTORY…) are available to understand the related map changes.

Maybe it’s technically possible to show the task page with a default layout in read only mode to not logged in users.

1 Like

There is an open issue for this, in fact: Public Task landing page · Issue #1593 · osmlab/maproulette3 · GitHub

I plan to prioritize this

2 Likes

We’re addressing this; whenever someone posts a comment in the challenge discussion, the owner will get an email notification.

Has there been any progress on creating a sane way for people to do this? It has been raised as an issue on talk.gb.

As usual, the author of the MapRoulette task is not visible

The issue seems to be this one at github. It is still an open issue.

1 Like

The public task page is almost done. It will be deployed in an upcoming release.

3 Likes