Who is reviewing my changes?

Newb question. When I commit a change, there is a check mark to request for someone review the commit. Will actually anyone check the commit or get some sort of notification for reviewing?

2 Likes

Short answer: No one is notified and there is no process by which all marked changesets are systematically checked.

The iD editor is also the only OSM editor that offers this option so prominently.

There are a few tools that display this flag, but whether and how it is checked is entirely up to the individual. One of these tools is, for example, the Welcome Tool:

7 Likes

At least JOSM and Vespucci also have a checkbox in their upload dialog to request a review.

6 Likes

You are right! I’ve always overlooked this so far.

Yes, but that doesn’t make the feature any less not well thought out and essentially useless.

I often review the changesets of new users in Germany who request a review.
I use this website to find such changesets:
Find changesets with review_requested=yes

And then check the changeset itself in detail with the achavi viewer.

When I see how many serious errors there are, I would sometimes be glad if the verification of changes made by new users were mandatory…

7 Likes

It seems like a useful feature if it were complete & someone was notified of a review request. The resultmaps.neis-one.org page linked by @Shaun_das_Schaf is useful, but you can only go back 96 hrs & an interested person needs to remember to go look.

I fully support that remembering my own first steps in mapping. You believe everything is done well and double crosschecked and the next day Osmose or any other QA tool goes mad … :wink:

Mapping has reached such a complexity that you cannot blame any new member for mistakes - hard to understand why newbie posts (at least in the old forum) had to undergo a crosscheck before going public whereas any changeset in the database just went live.

1 Like

OSMCha has filters for this (among a lot of other things).

You can generate a RSS feed, with filters and bbox, to monitor changes in your area.

2 Likes