How do I tag a raised entrance with steps?

How would this entrance be tagged?

I‘d draw the way to the door with highway=steps and highway=footway and put a wheelchair=no tag at the door.

If you want to map this at all, seems to be a private entrance.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking but because it’s raised, I wasn’t sure.

alternatively (or additionally), add wheelchair=no to the entrance.
(Edit: Oops sorry, ignore my post)

Please read my answer more carefully :grin:

If you want to map this at all, seems to be a private entrance.

it seems to be the main entrance (housenumber) so I would definitely tag it if I tagged the address. If the entrances are higher up (first floor), I add level=1 to such entrances

example for first level entrances with individual housenumbers

Going a it further into this: How would you add a entrance that is under an elevated entrance? The entrance point would be the same as the one under it.

Two nodes at the same or almost the same location, one with level=0 and one with level=1.

Ah, ok. Just super close.

Going a it further into this: How would you add a entrance that is under an elevated entrance? The entrance point would be the same as the one under it.

I would put it with a minimal offset, we don’t measure millimeters anyway

Is this Rome, @dieterdreist? Looks quite nice!

Is this Rome, @dieterdreist? Looks quite nice!

no, this is a small village, very old (predating the Roman empire), north of Rome (the place is called “Calcata”, in the province of Viterbo)

1 Like

Another mapped example (my grandparents house after they split it into two apartments).

I also had a go at mapping entrances to maisonettes (duplex apartments) here. There are three apartments in each section of the terrace, a one storey one at ground level reached by a staircase down, and two duplex apartments reached by a ‘bridge’ (which actually serves 2 sections, so 4 house entrances).

The bottom line is that if you want to map access accurately it involves quite detailed mapping. The use-case where I know this is very useful is for election campaigning, but I am sure there are others, for instance, delivery of takeaway food or parcels.