Greece subcategory

Category name

Ελλάδα (Greece)

Is this a top-level category or a subcategory?

Sub-category of the Communities category, like every other local community.

Description of its purpose and which open mapping groups it will serve

It will serve mappers of Greece, either for cases specific to Greece or general help in the Greek language.

Why is this new category needed instead of being hosted as part of the existing ones?

It doesn’t fit currently anywhere else, just like other communities do aswell. Plus, it may serve as a documentation gatherer for some stuff.

Is this a new space or is it already existing in other platform(s)? Where?

On the old forum (FluxBB), as users: Greece.

What’s the current volume of messages in the former platform (per week/per month)?

Pretty low. On average we could say there’s 2 topics per month and 2 posts per week. On average.

Is there a transition plan for the old platform to this new one? (please link or describe)

No, there hasn’t been any discussion for that. Although I personally consider of taking few of the topics of the old forum to reformat them in a wiki-post to properly show some useful stuff, and possibly keep them updated.

(Optional) A link or list of the category specific guidelines (if none OSM Etiquette Guidelines will apply)

We don’t have specific guidelines, so the OSM Etiquette Guidelines shall be applied.

List the usernames of the category moderators

@mappas - current moderator on the other forum and helps a lot the community
@jimkats - (that’s-a-me) actively mapping for 2 years now, and help the Greek community with mapping issues and questions, as well as the community helps back whenever possible.
@nikospag - active contributor and helper of the community in many stuff

(I’m not good at describing sometimes, I hope the above description reflects properly the general stuff of the suggested mods :d) The 3rd suggested moderator doesn’t have account yet in this forum.
The discussion for this application was open in the Greek community in the old forum, part of which also occurred in the Matrix channel of the community.

1 Like

Thanks for the request.

While we wait for the proposed moderators to comment here they are OK with the role, a reminder that as per the current Moderation Selection Criteria note that for the list of moderators to be approved, 5 days of community discussion will need to take place here (always including weekend days) and then a voting poll to validate the list by the community will be open for another 5 days too.

Thanks again!

1 Like

I accept the position of “moderator”.
Also, i agree with everything in this application.
Thank you.

I formally accept my autonomination (because I guess it’s needed as well, even though I posted the application :slightly_smiling_face:) . And now we’re waiting for the last person of the triad.

Καλησπέρα κι από μένα. Μόλις έφτιαξα λογαριασμό στο discourse. Χαρτογραφώ με το ίδιο username.

1 Like

Καλησπέρα και καλώς όρισες στο Discourse :). Για να μην σπαμμάρουμε το εδώ νήμα, προσωρινά, ότι θες στείλε μήνυμα εδώ ή στο Matrix.

Hello everyone. I’m ok with being a moderator in this forum/subcategory.

Thanks everyone,

As per the current Moderation Selection Criteria now the community has 5 days (that must include weekend days) to discuss about this proposal.

After that a voting poll will be opened for another 5 days to validate the list.

Cheers.

1 Like

I see quite some local communities having small logos near their name, and even though we don’t have one (I think), I could try and make one. On the other hand though I’m aware it’s still under discussion in this forum on how to deal with flags/logos in the Communities category, so I will just wait and see if something specific gets decided, whenever that happens (I know it’s not top priority, especially now that the migration is about to happen).

Hello again everyone,

Five days have passed for the community discussion so now a voting poll is opened for another five days to validate the final list.

The list will be validated if it gets at least 80% of yes votes. Note that votes (who voted what) are public to help identify any abuses.

Thanks!

Do you approve @mappas @jimkats and @nikospag to be category moderators for the “Greece” category?
  • Yes I approve
  • No, I don’t approve (please comment below)

0 voters

2 Likes

The #communities:gr category is now created and the approved moderators have been added to the group.

Please make sure you request an update to the OSM Community Index to include this new channel for your community and remove any former/inactive one.

Also, please make sure you edit the “About community category” topic to include a link to OSM Etiquette in your language, you can provide a translation if needed on the wiki.

Thanks!