Grab / GlobalLogic India directed editing

Russ,

Thanks for the feedback. I do agree with you but I don’t think it’s possible to establish or articulate all the rules or process in one go. I would prefer that we take the mappers through a PDCA cycle in small areas to experiment with the process before signing off on it and letting Grab expand it to other areas.

Simply put, the cycle is: Grab do edits, we give feedback, it’s implemented as a process, edits are then attempted again. If this is found to be completely hopeless then we can engage DWG but in the meanwhile, it’s worth a gamble and for my experience, produces excellent results.

Bernard, I agree with you, but the point is that we can leverage, so the 2 minutes giving feedback can be applied to hundreds if not thousands of edits.

Ideally, it would be good if Grab can just watch their edits. I wonder if such a tool exists - let’s say I wanted to track if someone made any changes to one of my edits, how would I go about doing this?

Best Regards
Mishari

Ugh. I admit I avoided looking into the entire fiasco when it was happening, but now, seemingly whenever and wherever I zoom into the map in the Greater Bangkok area, I’ll see fake non-existent streets, bad connections, or other sloppy, patently incorrect additions left by the Grab editors, especially sridhar1. It’s probably too late now, but maybe we really should just have reverted all of their edits back when we had the chance.

As it is related: I did add a prominent Info-Box at the top of the Thailand wiki page to emphasize that Organized Editing has to contact us first and that we ask for high-quality mapping, especially from organized (potentially paid) mappers.

@Paul_012 we’re still in communications with Grab, hopefully they’ll start the process of fixing soon.

Grab has begun a process for fixing their issues but they need community feedback on quality, please participate on this thread and the corresponding Github Issue tracker: https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=70525