I have a question regarding the address tags at the “→ Feriendorf am Eisenberg ‘Günter Richta’” in Hessen, Germany:
In the real world, this is some kind of recreational facility with overnight stay. The area consists of (roughly)
- different, separate areas (“Höfe” in German) where groups stay, sleep and eat that each consist of different houses, and
- general facilities.
The “Höfe” have names each (“Goldbornhof”, “Lischerthof”, “Fichtenhof” and so on), and on each “Hof” the houses are numbered (1-5 in most cases).
In the map, this is currently represented by an use of the address tagging scheme which to me looks like abuse of address tagging – because address tagging should be for official, postal addresses.
Currently it is tagged as follows (as an example, I use → house 2 at “Fichtenhof”):
- The country is tagged as Germany (
addr:country=DE), which is correct,
- the city is tagged as “Kirchheim” (
addr:city=Kirchheim), which is correct,
- the postcode is tagged as “36275” (
addr:postcode=36275), which is correct,
- the suburb is tagged as “Feriendorf am Eisenberg” (
addr:suburb=Feriendorf am Eisenberg), which I question,
- the street name is tagged as “Fichtenhof” (
addr:street=Fichtenhof), which I question,
- the house number is tagged as “2” (
addr:housenumber=2), which I question.
The street on which this is is called “Eisenbergstraße”.
The official address of the “Feriendorf am Eisenberg ‘Günter Richta’” is, according to this:
Feriendorf Eisenberg 1
– which makes it arguable that “Feriendorf Eisenberg” can be a suburb (there is also the Hamlet “Feriendorf am Eisenberg” tagged as a point feature there) or a street name. But the house number of the whole place seems to be “1”.
In case that the individual parts really have official addresses (which I doubt), then I think it should be something like
Fichtenhof, Haus 2
Feriendorf Eisenberg 1
The service “PLZServer” by Deutsche Post does know “Feriendorf Eisenberg” as street of the city “Kirchheim Hess”, but it does not know “Fichtenhof” as street name, so I doubt that
addr:street=Fichtenhof is correct.
On what rationale it is that official postal-address tags are used here to tag the individual “Höfe” and houses? Should some other tags be used – like
name=Fichtenhof or something more applicable, non-
addr:* on the outline of some built area or so, and "
ref= or so for the number of the houses?
I mention @Nakaner, because it seems that that user introduced the addressing scheme.