Fenix 7 Pro - Iran Map - Problems with Font

Hi,

first time in the forum. Short question. I recently bought the Garmin Fenix 7 Pro which works fine with European Maps. Since the Topo Active Maps of Garmin do not include Maps of Iran, I was very lucky to find them here. The Maps also work fine BUT the street names are just a soup of random letters. It is not persian (like خیابان آزادی) nor is it plain english (something like Azadi Street).

Is there a work around you know of?

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Best regards
rsweld

Can you try https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/mkgmap_maps/ajt02/iran/ajt02_iran_supp.img ? I suspect that you’ll get an error that says “Can't Authenticate Maps. Contact content seller for help.”.

If you don’t get that error, look at the resources here and search the sites listed for “Unicode”. If someone offers “unicode maps”, try those.

If you do get that message, try acknowledging the message and seeing if the maps work anyway. If not you are likely out of luck for these maps on that device in Iran, unless you could translate Persian text to some sort of “ascii compatible soundalike”. If you want to explore that route, the answers here might help you.