Feedback on the decision for no SotM 2023

Or Europe.

1 Like

Philippines community would be happy to host State of the Map 2024 (or in the future!) :wink:

2 Likes

Speaking as a moderator here. @Wynndale, your comment is misleading. No board member compared Yaounde to Mariupol. The issue was whether certain community members would be safe due to their gender identities and sexual orientations, not due to concern about an ongoing war. Please adhere to the Etiquette Guidelines and refrain from spreading “false or inaccurate information”.

3 Likes

Yes @Wynndale Quite frankly, a very undiscerning comparison.

I’m the (now former) board member who emailed the SotM WG first. We had talked about it on the OSMF Board chat earlier. The OSMF Board had already spent a long time talking about this a year before the board vote. Later at a board mid month chat (video call) there was unanamous agreement that our policy meant it couldn’t happen.

(I dunno about “Other board members asured me that we have all support of the board”. Did they use a board email address? They didn’t CC, or talk to, the board. I guess some people are allowed set OSMF Board policy on their own, and others aren’t.)