Displaying sidewalks

Hello, I am tagging streets in my town with sidewalk information (left, right, both sides). How can I create a map that visually shows whether there are sidewalks or not so the town can use the information for pedestrian infrastructure planning?

Hi,
there is a bunch of OSM rendering software existing.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Rendering

Beginners often use Maperitive.

Chris

Thank you for the reply. I’ve downloaded maperitive and loaded the area of interest. Do you have some guidance on how I can get it to display the sidewalk/no sidewalk attribute?
Also, I have some experience with ArcGIS (ArcMap). Is it possible to load OSM into ArcGIS?

While Maperitive is the first solution I would have thought of, I’m not sure whether it supports different styles for the left and right side of the way.

Do you want to differentiate rendering based on whether the sidewalk is on the left or on the right?

I have never used ArcGIS myself, so I cannot comment on how well it works for your use case, but the ArcGIS page in our wiki has at least two options (the "ArcGIS Editor for OSM ", and a python script).

Thank you Tordanik. It won’t be necessary to differentiate based on left versus right. I would like to be able to differentiate based on whether there is sidewalk on one side, both sides, or none at all.

That should be possible with almost every rendering tool, including Maperitive.