December moderators re-validation process

Hi all,

As described in the Moderator selection criteria, categories that were created before this was approved, need to run a re-validation of their moderators on December 10th to comply with the agreed policy.

Our category is part of them, so we open this topic to discuss about how the moderation team should look like moving forward.

We have five days to discuss:

How well moderation has been working so far?
Is there someone else who we feel should join the moderation team? (please check on requirements first)
Are there any other changes needed to our local moderation team?

After these 5 days, we will open a public poll to validate the new list of moderators.

Thanks!

Hello again everyone,

Five days have passed for the community discussion so now a voting poll is opened for another five days to validate the final list.

The list will be validated if it gets at least 80% of yes votes. Note that votes (who voted what) are public to help identify any abuses.

Thanks!

Do you approve @anon75802370 @dónal @ManAboutCouch and @HeikkiVesanto to be category moderators for the “Name” category?
  • Yes I approve
  • No, I do not approve (please comment below)

0 voters

I think you need to change the end date now :slight_smile: “Closed 22 Sep”

Well to be honest I think the question should be: Do we want to continue using this forum?
We do most of our communication on Telegram at present. But yeah I will leave this open to 2 weeks to see if anyone votes.

Do you approve @anon75802370 @dónal @ManAboutCouch and @HeikkiVesanto to be category moderators for the “Name” category?
  • Yes I approve

0 voters

• Yes I approve

0 voters

Although I’m only an occasional visitor to the Irish Telegram channel (and to the island of Ireland itself) I think it makes sense having an open community available somewhere that people can just ask questions in without having to sign up for Telegram or similar.

3 Likes