Connect Isolated Highways (Greece)

Hi Greek Community!

I’m Chiara from TomTom and I’m happy to announce you we’ve decided to launch a new challenge in Greece on Isolated roads.

You will find 14 tasks of this type in this challenge: MapRoulette

Our team will start working on this challenge in a couple of weeks. You can find more details about TomTom’s data improvement activities in Greece on our Github page:

https://github.com/tomtom-international/open-data/issues/151

see section “Road network challenges”

I hope you will enjoy our challenges… and please let me know if you have any questions or specific mapping interest.

See you soon,

Chiara

Γεια σας ελληνική κοινότητα! Είμαι η Chiara από την TomTom και είμαι στην ευχάριστη θέση να ανακοινώσω ότι αποφασίσαμε να ξεκινήσουμε μια νέα πρόκληση στην Ελλάδα σε απομονωμένους δρόμους.

Θα βρείτε 14 τέτοιες εργασίες σε αυτήν την πρόκληση: MapRoulette

Η ομάδα μας θα αρχίσει να εργάζεται για αυτήν την πρόκληση σε μερικές εβδομάδες. Μπορείτε να βρείτε περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες σχετικά με τις δραστηριότητες βελτίωσης δεδομένων της TomTom στην Ελλάδα στη σελίδα μας στο Github: https://github.com/tomtom-international/open-data/issues/151 δείτε την ενότητα “Προκλήσεις του οδικού δικτύου”

Ελπίζω να απολαύσετε τις προκλήσεις μας…και παρακαλώ ενημερώστε με εάν έχετε ερωτήσεις ή συγκεκριμένα ενδιαφέροντα σχετικά με τη χαρτογράφηση.

Τα λέμε σύντομα

Chiara

1 Like

All done in one go, but it appears that some of the roads are isolated because someone has been mass-deleting ways they thought did not exist, even though the imagery says it does: Changeset: 127317680 | OpenStreetMap

Edit: on second thought, the changeset history of Geminiani S may be unreasonable censorship of places that exist. Sorry for the rushed edit, but I think someone needs to go through the history.

1 Like

Hi @ika-chan
thanks to have completed the challenge and also to have provided analysis about why there were these isolated highways… interesting!
Do you think this kind of challenges are useful to detect these situations? … and at the end solve them to improve quality

Thanks in advance for your feedback
Chiara

The Greek community currently has a problem with vandalism: in addition to the suspected mass deletions by Geminiani S, an user known as G626 has, for some time, been adding imaginary highways against OSM policy.

1 Like

Thanks!
So I’ll try to launch these kind of challenges to support you to discover anomalous situations, that have been generated by incorrectly mapping activity.