Comparing distance between polling stations

Curently involved in processing historical election records for parts of the United Kingdom. In, at least, one area there is an interesting situation where a church hall is used as a polling station but the clergy who live in the presbytry across the road have to go to an entirely different polling station to cast their vote. Indeed from a quick look at the data other registered electors who live closer to the first church hall but are required to go to the other polling station seem less likely to vote. Makes me wonder if using OSM data in combination with those historicala records there might be some way to prove/disprove the hypothesis that redirection to a further away polling stations stifles voting.

If this is not the appropriate category to post this then mods please move it where it is appropriate.

1 Like

The UK community is more active on the talk-gb mailing list than these forums.

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb

Thanks for the pointere to the UK community. The problem is more general in nature than my UK specific test data I think.

In fact this is not an OSM-related question. You can export raw OSM data and transform it in your custom way to prove your hypothesis - the OSM project will not be affected in any way. There are no ready-to-use instruments for solving your problem here.

I wasn’t envisioning OSM being affected at all. But if I can obtain data from OSM then fine I’ll export it and combine it with my data.