Changing multiple routes from path to parallel road

Hi all,

a cycle path along a road was decommissioned and cyclists have to use the road now. Some mapper has already done the retagging of access rules. The problem is there are nearly a dozen bicycle routes following the former cycle path. I have to open each route, remove the 5 or so cycle path segments and replace them with 9 segments of the road. It’s a bit tedious.

Is there any workflow in JOSM making this easier? Mass removing ways from relations? Some remove and replace function? Or saving a selection of ways (Whenever I select the cycle path to call up a new route to edit I lose the selection of new ways that I could add in one go in the relation editor)?

Any hints appreciated.

3 Likes

Hi.

The TODO plugin might help to keep the ways in a safe place to be re-selected.

Depending on my screen size, I would also open all relations windows, on top of another if necessary. Then select the ways to be removed, remove them in each relation, then select the ways to be added, add them to each relations.

These are my little techniques, I’m curious to see if someone has a real solution. Maybe it would involve Level0 which I’ve never used yet.

6 Likes

Depending on my screen size, I would also open all relations windows, on top of another if necessary. Then select the ways to be removed, remove them in each relation, then select the ways to be added, add them to each relations.

this is also what I suggest.
With level0 you could load all the relations at once and do some find and replace or similar text editor magic, but with a different number of ways to add and remove it also seems tedious, at least if you aren’t very fluent with the text editor

The todo plugin helps a bit in quickly finding the ways again. Unfortunately, it does not allow you to select multiple ways at the same time.

I hadn’t noticed before that you can open multiple editor windows I’ll explore that further once back from vacation and I have the external monitor. Screen estate on my laptop alone is too small to efficiently work with multiple windows open.

My work flow would be to:

1. select the ways in question.
  2. remove the route relations in the tag window (you can select multiple relations to remove the ways from the relations at once).
  3. open the relation editor for each route
  4. select the ways you need to add
  5. go through the relations one by one and add the selection to the route at the correct place and close the relation editor.
2 Likes