Can we see how many people are viewers / posters here?

(apologies if this is the wrong category - please move if not)

1 Like

About - OpenStreetMap Community Just scroll down to the end here.

1 Like

Thanks - is “active users” people who’ve posted?

Mmmh, I don’t know how that is defined. Maybe the Discourse documentation will reveal more info on it. No idea what to look for though.

Active Users is the number of unique users that logged in the site in a given time period

Also currently the number of Active Users is higher than the number of posts, so there are more “active” users than ones that posted.

Sorry, but that “explanation” has me more confused than I was before?

“Active Users is the number of unique users that logged in the site in a given time”

“while User Visits counts visits from the same user on different days.”

“In summary, Active Users is the number of unique users that logged in the site”

Site Statistics

|Last 24 hours

|Users|16
|Active Users|452

So 16 people in the last 24 hours have logged in on more than one day, while 452 have only logged in once?

That doesn’t make sense to me, as I’m pretty sure I see more than 16 people posting every day I’m on here?

1 Like

I think 16 people have signed up in the last 24 hours. I saw another example of the Site Statistics table in the Discourse documentation where that line was labeled “Signups”. Unfortunately I now can’t seem to find my way back to that page to link it here! But everything seems to make more sense under that interpretation.

2 Likes

Thanks, Alan, that makes a lot more sense!

The user directory might provide you with information about users during a given period of time

https://community.openstreetmap.org/u/

2 Likes