Bulgaria - Fix Building & Highway intersections

… and Резбарци, Айрово, and other suburbs of Kardzhali.

@sbaido you mentioned a background with average GPS traces that we could use to properly align things. Can you give the link again?

1 Like

here you go @rhhs

https://roadrunner.innovation.tomtom-global.com/

1 Like

In JOSM - search and select all building=* and move.

A post was split to a new topic: Нова организация на движение в Манастирски ливади - изток

Hello @plamen @rhhs @Dimitar155 ,

It will be great to look at the tasks in MapRoulette and give them a status (when possible)

have a good day,
Salim

@plamen @rhhs @Dimitar155 ,

I hope you are doing well and enjoying the summer by now.
I want to kindly hear your input on this particular challenge as it seems that it did not attract your attention much.

Thank you,
Salim

Thank you for the reminder.

It looks like this challenge is not quite interesting, mostly because the nature of the task can become a bit repetitive. On a positive note, while working on the challenge, I came across mappers that were realigning roads without taking into account the surrounding buildings (which caused some of the detected issue). I think that they were only Kaart’s mappers since the other mappers don’t realign roads. I’ve let them know of this issue so it shouldn’t happen again.

1 Like

Indeed most of the remaining cases are concentrated in a few villages where first roads were drawn using one image source, and then buildings were added (probably automatically) with another image source with an offset compared to the first. Reparing that is tedious work in iD

1 Like

am glad to hear from you @Dimitar155 and @rhhs
how can we help you?

I think that another regeneration could help since a lot of the issues seem to be resolved by local mappers.

Hello @Dimitar155 @rhhs ,

I wanted to inform you that I have added 168 tasks to the challenge and would kindly request your review and resolution. Your feedback is highly valued, and I would greatly appreciate it.

Salim

Hello Community, @rhhs @Dimitar155 ,

I hope everyone had a restful summer vacation and returned feeling refreshed. I’m curious to know if this challenge had a positive impact on improving the map in Bulgaria. Do you have any feedback to share regarding its effectiveness?

Thanks,
Salim

Hello Salim,

This challenge seems to have mostly positive impact. I’m not sure what you mean by it’s “effectiveness”. If by that you mean the speed of solving the tasks, it’s quite slow since only a few people do them. Most people try to focus on their personal projects. Another problem is that it turns into yak shaving since there is always something else nearby that also needs fixing. As for feedback, splitting large challenges (>300 tasks) by planning regions (NUTS Level 2) should make it more manageable.

Best wishes,
Dimitar

I’ve not spent any time on it since I understood it’s easier to repair the misalignment happening in several villages using JOSM, which I don’t use. So I’m waiting for an JOSM user to pick it up…

1 Like