Brazil subcategory

Category name

Brazil

Is this a top-level category or a subcategory?

subcategory

Description of its purpose and which open mapping groups it will serve

Brazilian OSM community

Why is this new category needed instead of being hosted as part of the existing ones?

Same as other country groups

Is this a new space or does it already exist on other platforms? Where?

Current volume of messages on the former platforms, if any (per week/per month)

Is there a transition plan for the old platform to this new one? (please link or describe)

No

(Optional) A link or list of the category specific guidelines

List the usernames of the category moderators

vgeorge
narceliodesa
wille
EvertonBortolini
matheusgomesms

These are currently the moderators of the Telegram channels of the Brazilian community and the OSM Brazil organization in the HOT Tasking Manager.

1 Like

Thanks for the request.

While we wait for the proposed moderators to comment here they are OK with the role, it would be great if you could edit the initial message adding next to their usernames a brief description on why each moderator was proposed. This is asked as part of the process to provide transparency and allow a community conversation to happen here.

Thanks again!

PS: I assume the questions you didn’t reply is because there was no previous Brazil forum?

I’m Vitor George (vgeorge) and I confirm my interest in supporting moderation of Brazil category. I moderate mailing lists talk-br, talk-mx and talk-latam, as well OSM Latam and most of Brazilian telegram channels.

@nukeador @wille we do have a Brazilian category in the old forum: users: Brazil / OpenStreetMap Forum

1 Like

I’m Narcelio de Sá (narceliodesa) and I confirm my interest in supporting moderation of Brazil category.

Hi, I am Matheus (matheusgomesms) and I confirm my interest in being moderator here.

I am quite active in the local community, and I am available to help moderation here.

I guess it should be clear that we have a Brazilian space in the old forum, as pointed by @vgeorge. I believe all the content there will be transferred here, right?

Not sure if this answer all other remained questions, but the volume there was low for the past years (a couple of topics opened per year).

Yes, content migration from the old forum will happen as part of the Forum.osm.org transition announcement

1 Like

I’m Everton Bortolini (EvertonBortolini) and I confirm my interest in supporting moderation of Brazil category.
I’m an OpenStreetMap Brasil member since 2016.
I have contact with groups of new users of OpenStreetMap (UMBRAOSM and YouthMappers) who will have first contact with forums now.

A categoria #communities:br foi criada agora e os moderadores que comentaram aqui foram adicionados ao grupo.

Por favor, certifique-se de solicitar uma atualização do OSM Community Index para incluir este novo canal para sua comunidade.

Obrigado!

1 Like

Esqueci de mencionar que seria altamente recomendável ter as Diretrizes de Etiqueta OSM localizadas nos idiomas oficiais de seu país, para que as pessoas que participam de sua categoria possam compreendê-las plenamente.

Isto pode ser feito no wiki diretamente, como outros idiomas já fizeram.

Obrigado!

Oi Rubén, obrigado por ter criado a categoria. Assim que possível iremos atualizar o índice e diretrizes de etiqueta.

Aos @mods-brazil e a quem mais tiver interesse, gostaria de sugerir duas alterações na configuração da sub-categoria:

• Título geral de “Brasil” para “Brasil (Brazil)”, para estar consistente com as grafias dos outros grupos e facilitar a busca em inglês e português (não sei se isso já acontece de alguma maneira)
  • Título na página da subcategoria de “Comunidade OSM no Brasil” para “Comunidade do OpenStreetMap no Brasil”

O que acham?

4 Likes

Olá colegas @mods-brazil, sobre as sugestões de alterações na configuração da sub-categoria:

Concordo com a sugestão do @vgeorge de alterar o título geral de “Brasil” para “Brasil (Brazil)”. Vi que várias comunidades também adotaram essa estratégia no nome.

Também acho interessante alterar o OSM para OpenStreetMap, ou a utilização conjunto (OpenStreetMap - OSM). A justificativa é para evitar confusão com outros projetos, jogos e empresas que têm OSM como sigla.

1 Like

O nome da categoria mudou.

A descrição pode ser alterada pelos moderadores através da edição do primeiro parágrafo do tópico.

@nukeador você poderia por favor inverter para “Brasil (Brazil)”? É assim que as outras comunidades estão, com o primeiro nome no idioma local. Eu mudei o primeiro parágrafo do tópico do @wille, mas não vi o título na página se alterar. Talvez demore algum tempo para atualizar?

Desculpe, meu erro, o título está agora na ordem correta.

Vejo que a descrição foi atualizada :slight_smile:

Perfeito, obrigado :+1: