Black Hawk County Iowa and Monroe County NY seem to be gone!

Here’s some more information. Apparently the info from OSM-Boundaries is maintained on a monthly basis Kenai Peninsula was not in the file pulled from Jan 2, 2023 but it was in the data from Dec 5, 2022 so something changed in tha recent time period causing this issue. Can anyone find/identify the changes made in Dec last year to Kenai Peninsula ??? I don’t know how to do this.
As for Lake and Peninsula Borough, it was not in the file I pulled from the data from Jan 2013 so it’s apparently had an issue forever.

Hi Rick. “I don’t know how to do this” means to sharpen up a few simple skills in OSM. You identify “Kenai Peninsula” (with those words), so try entering this into the OSM web page: there is a text box just waiting for you to type into when you click to www.osm.org, so enter “Kenai Peninsula.” What happens is you’ll see that two results (from Nominatim, what this text search box is connected to) are returned: a County and a Peninsula, both with the same name.

As I believe you want the County, click on it, and you are taken to OSM’s web page with that particular relation “selected,” drawing what is selected with an orange line (and the two nodes in the relation as “dots”), and the text in the left column will announce the relation, importantly with its relation number (in this case 2605325, surrounded by parentheses). Now, copy that number into your clipboard (or remember it) and enter it into that neat little tool earlier in this thread known as “mapki” like this: OSM Deep History .

This will display a “Deep History” in a visually-helpful table view, which will likely allow you to see what you are looking for, as it displays each revision of the object (this relation) as it has been edited throughout its history in OSM. Usually, this can help you see and/or answer your question about the history of an object (like a relation). If it doesn’t, you can go back to the earlier link (the relation “selected” so an orange boundary is around it) and click the “Show History” link and (after a short wait), OSM will attempt to show you as much as it can of the tags (only, not as displayed) of each revision of the object.

I don’t see any changes from “Dec last year” (as you ask) in the Deep History, but I do see a couple (dated Nov '21), namely Versions 7 and 8. And the tags didn’t change in these revisions, rather the members changed (the yellow bars in Members section).

What you are asking about here is for us to help you “maintain” (whatever it is you are doing “looking at” or “processing” these data) over the longer term, where you use a toolchain that puts you at the end of a process that “lags real time” by what appears to be monthly revisions. Just as the rest of us must do, if you choose to be “at the mercy” of such a process (which is what you do by using OSM-Boundaries data, and I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that, simply that you do so, and there are “consequences” at being at the end of a month-delay lag), you must learn to “manage” that data in OSM can (and will be) newer than what is in your “batched” data. This means that you learn to accept that you are always a month behind, but that you can edit the map data in OSM for the next month, and while you might get a few that next month which also “lag,” you’ll have at least processed the laggards from the month before.

You get to where you are always aware of what the current “delta set” of changes are, that you are always a month behind, but that you can fix things until the next month, and then there will be a few different data which are in the next month’s “delta set,” and so on and so on.

I hope this helps.