Austria subcategory

Thanks for the request.

Would it be possible to suggest at least a third moderator for the category? This is asked to ensure the proper distribution of the responsibilities in category moderation.

In addition, note that you can always use the OSM Etiquette as a baseline for your community ones, as most other communities have chosen to do, as your community decides.

Cheers.

Nakaner was the only moderator in the old forum, so i offered my support as moderator for the new one for the exact reason you mentioned. I asked, but until now nobody stepped up and offered to take a moderator role, unfortunately. If someone else is announcing his support as moderator, i will write another post here and edit the first post, of course.

It seems we like to discuss but it looks like we are able to manage ourself quite well without much need for intervention.

Appreciate your information, but we purposeful decided not to use the OSM Etiquette (currently). After the switch is done we might discuss it again :slight_smile:

1 Like

If there is a need for a third moderator, I’m always happy to offer my assistance.
In case it’s okay for the other two? @Negreheb & @Nakaner
I’ve only been really active in OSM for just under two years, but at least these two years I’ve been very active IMO. A few years ago I was already a moderator of a few web forums and Facebook groups.

1 Like

Hello,

I would like to share here that a criteria for selecting new moderators has been recently approved:

There are just three changes that affect the current request:

• Please review that all proposed mods fulfill the basic requirements to be a moderator.
  • At least 5 days of community discussion need to take place once all the proposed mods have commented accepting here.
  • A poll voting will be created after this discussion to allow the community to validate the final list.

Please, let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks!

@nukeador I am OK being a candidate.

Thanks,

My understanding is that now there are 3 proposed mods: @Negreheb @Nakaner and @mcliquid

As per the current Moderation Selection Criteria now the community has 5 days to discuss about this proposal.

After that a voting poll will be opened for another 5 days to validate the list.

Cheers.

1 Like

Double-checking the selection criteria, all of the contestants meet the requirements and appear to be able to take on the responsibilities. Speaking on my own behalf only, as a mapper from the area and participant in the local forum.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Add country flag icons to country categories title

I approve of these moderators :+1:

1 Like

Looking at the other categories, we could also go for “Österreich (Austria)” for the name. Can we set the community-icon ourself? If yes, i would go and choose the one from the austrian club https://www.openstreetmap.at/ (Already discussed with the head of the club as well)

Yes, just provide a transparent png and we’ll use that for the category icon.

1 Like

osm-at

Lets see, i hope this works fine :slight_smile:

Better to have a link to the bigger png file, the forum will always covert the image, lower the quality and remove the transparency :sweat:

Ah, i understand. Straight from https://www.openstreetmap.at/ maybe? https://www.openstreetmap.at/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/osm-at.png

That doesn’t seem to be a good quality and transparent png, I’ve found this one

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:OSM_Austria_Logo.svg

3 Likes

@nukeador Should we start with the poll? :slight_smile:

Yes, you posted faster than my bookmark reminder :sweat_smile:

Hello again everyone,

Five days have passed for the community discussion so now a voting poll is opened for another five days to validate the final list.

Do you approve @Negreheb @Nakaner and @mcliquid to be category moderators for the “Austria” category?
  • Yes I approve
  • No, I don’t approve (please comment below)

0 voters

The list will be validated if it gets at least 80% of yes votes. Note that votes (who voted what) are public to help identify any abuses.

Thanks!

So does this mean we get our own subcategory now?

The subcategory was just created. I just noticed the name “Austria”. Would the Austrian community agree to adapt the prevailing naming scheme (in this case “Österreich (Austria)”)? Just an idea to make things more readable for those not able to read English.

[Edit] Done already :sweat_smile:

The #communities:at category is now created and the approved moderators have been added to the group.

Please make sure you request an update to the OSM Community Index to include this new channel for your community and remove any former/inactive one.

Contributing · osmlab/osm-community-index Wiki · GitHub

Also, please make sure you edit the “About community category” topic to list your community guidelines.

Thanks!

2 Likes