Attention : iOS users => Skobbler OSM navigation for Israel

Hello iOS (Apple iPhone) Users,

last week Skobbler (www.skobbler.com) has published their new Openstreetmap based GPS navigation 2 that is now available for all countries.
INLCUDING ISRAEL!

Beside that you can now use Openstreetmap data for navigation incl. turn restrictions in offline and online mode there is another thing why I’m posting this here.
Because this release is the first release that is also available in Israel, it was just a matter of time till we will receive OSM Bugs through this new app.

The new Skobbler includes a online bug reporting feature that publishes the bug into mapdust.com (by skobbler).

And the bug reporting of skobbler is very detailed as it includes in the most cases GPS data, a bug note field of the user and the routing data (where the user wanted to be routed to).
Here is a new bug that is actually missing a lot of infos, but it seems the first outcome of this bug reporting: http://www.mapdust.com/detail/469377

I’m hoping there will be more bugs with more data. So check out Mapdust.com from time to time.
Maybe there is a bug near you!

Please post your experience of the app. Specially the Hebrew search.
The developers has of course never checked the app in a Right To Left country.

#######################################################

Here are some details from the apple store:

★ BRAND-NEW: The next skobbler generation including optional offline mode upgrade
★ True voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation at an unbelievable price
★ One of the most successful navigation apps in the App Store with more than 1.5 million users worldwide
★ Germany’s best-selling navigation app for years

LAUNCH PROMOTION
✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
Installable offline map upgrades at great prices!

• North America and continents: 33% OFF
  • International country maps: 25% OFF
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Read on and find out details about these points:

:heavy_check_mark: UNIVERSAL APP
Navigation for iPhone and 3G-iPads

:heavy_check_mark: TRUE BARGAIN
No hidden costs - no subscriptions

:heavy_check_mark: FIRST HYBRID
Online navigation or offline upgrade - it’s your choice

:heavy_check_mark: FULLY LOADED
Local search, map view, ‘take me home’ button, contact list navigation, iPod playback

:heavy_check_mark: REVOLUTION INSIDE
Powered by OpenStreetMap - the most dynamic digital map on the planet

✩✩✩ NAVIGATION FOR iPhone AND 3G-iPads
You can use this app on your iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, or 4S as well as on any iPad/iPad2 with 3G.

✩✩✩ NO HIDDEN COSTS - NO SUBSCRIPTIONS
The app itself as well as all in-app purchases have one thing in common: you pay once and forever. There are no timeframes to consider, no subscriptions to keep track off, no “trial” phases after which the app just stops working.

✩✩✩ ONLINE NAVIGATION OR OFFLINE UPGRADE - IT’S YOUR CHOICE
You can use this app online without limitations. Yet if you live in an area with spotty reception or want to use it abroad without being charged super-high roaming costs by your mobile carrier, you can purchase installable maps for most countries or entire continents as upgrades from within the app at very low prices.

skobbler is the first navigation app to offer this “hybrid” capability. This gives you a choice on which maps are worth your device’s limited storage capacity. Install and de-install maps as you see fit at any time. You don’t have to clog your device with data that you’ll never use anyway.

✩✩✩ LOCAL SEARCH, MAP VIEW, TAKE ME HOME BUTTON, CONTACT LIST NAVIGATION, iPod PLAYBACK
It’s all included. And more.

✩✩✩ POWERED BY OPENSTREETMAP - THE MOST DYNAMIC DIGITAL MAP ON THE PLANET
skobbler uses the brilliant Open Source project OpenStreetMap as map source. Find out what’s already possible based on the input of more than 450,000 mapping enthusiasts around the world. Especially in urban areas, the OpenStreetMap is already the most-detailed digital map.

In some other areas, the map might not be perfect yet though. The good thing: you can help to change that by reporting map errors directly from within the app. Find out more about the OpenStreetMap on www.openstreetmap.org.

The good thing for you in any case: we provide you with regular map updates - at no extra cost!

#######################################################

Great news! I’ll test it and let you know how it is

UPDATE - It’s not on the Israeli App store yet and it’s not free so I can’t download it…
UPDATE 2 - http://forum.skobbler.com/showthread.php?1551-No-Skobbler-in-Israeli-App-Store&p=3718#post3718

hmmm…

I just asked through facebook the same and got the answer that it is not available due to capacity.
As a Android user I’m not really aware what that means, but seems like I was fouled the second time.

First time I thought it is working in Israel and posting. Now again its not available in Israel App Market.

Very mad!

BTW: The app itself costs around 99 Cents + X Dollars per Map / Continent or World)