Any Australians here yet?

Thanks for the confimation @cquest, that does sound good.

Would be nice to have a dedicated Australia category, and dare I suggest with the goal of eventually closing down talk-au.

2 Likes

Yeah, I must admit I do find Discourse much easier to follow and use than a mailing list. Especially for things that might need to be picked up again at a later date, it feels like it keeps things together better.

3 Likes

So I guess we wait till there is an Australia category?

I think we can just start posting, and tag with #australia, and then at some point if there’s enough activity and posts a category will be created… maybe? :man_shrugging:

The process to request a new category is still being discussed here

FYI, there is now a process to request new categories in these forums:

1 Like

Hi mates,

Greetings from Victoria - the place to be! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey all,

The Oceania category is open for business. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello to all Down Underians :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

So maybe we need to start using it? :grinning:

1 Like

Alright, I’ll do it!!!

From the AU list this morning: [talk-au] Australia MapRoulette QA and Missing Highways challenges

TomTom have set up a number of Map Roulette challenges.

I’ve just cleared the “Spiky Buildings” one in this area though & only 2 out of ~20 were actual issues - all the rest were building parts

1 Like

I’m in Perth and have just signed-up

1 Like

G’day & welcome, Steerage! :wave:

Currently on the 90 mile straight east of Balladonia WA doing westward Mapillary circles and some iD work. I stick to small towns and remote-ish places.

Yep, that pretty well counts as remote!

Have fun out there, Bob! :grinning:

Yes, I finally made it here… hello!

1 Like

G’day, Didz, & welcome! :wave:

1 Like

Hey @bob3bob3 how is Mapillary treating you? I moved to Karta View but none of my new images have been processed in weeks.

Hi @Didz Actually it is working quite well. I am now doing almost a daily uploads with a mix of BlackVue mp4’s and two side jpg cameras. This all using the mapillary_tools CLI and involves processing as well as upload steps. Perhaps 3 weeks ago the server processing time seem to halve or better with images first being GUI visible 4-6 hours after upload. Full integration to (say) ID Editor usage has been maybe 5-7 days.

Latest images around Three Springs and Carnamah WA for a look. Really chewing through Telstra GBytes though.

2 Likes