Adminitrative boundaries in Poland

Czyli mamy dylemat z cyklu “Kto górą? Jajko czy kura” :slight_smile:

Tu zwycięża na szczęscie dysputa i merytoryka.
Jeśli w niezbity sposób dowodzimy sensu jakiegoś rozwiązania, to jest to najlepsza metoda obrony pewnych rozwiązań. M.in dlatego, że większość jest takiego zdania i tego pilnuje. Masz Twoje własne rozwiązanie, które znasz i akceptujesz przede wszystkim ty, to ryzyko, że ktoś to kiedyś wykasuje, jest duże niestety.

Well, finally more than one user replying. :wink:
Cóż, w końcu więcej niż jeden użytkownik odpowiadanie. (Translation is Google crap)

@ Marek: I will be back at my workplace tomorrow (and also try more offline editing). But I would like to have some more exchange.
Wrócę jutro w moim miejscu pracy (a także spróbować więcej edycji w trybie offline). Ale chciałbym mieć trochę więcej wymiany.

I had a look at your Wiki before: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Poland/Podzia%C5%82_administracyjny and it does not say anything about subareas.
Miałem spojrzenie na swojej Wiki przed i nie mówi nic o podobszarów.

Not sure if I get your point. I did not delete “all” boundary relationships (not one). The administrative boundary of each Powiat, Gmina, etc. is still intact with all the information that was there before except for the member subarea.
Nie wiem, czy mam swój punkt. Nie usunąć “wszystkie” relacji granicznych (a nie jedna).Granica administracyjna każdego powiatu, gminy itp. jest wciąż wszystkich informacji, że był tam wcześniej, z wyjątkiem podobszaru członkowskim.

I start to see your point. So basically, when you click e.g. on a Powiat, with subareas you can immediately see if the territory is fully covered by the gminy and if the boundaries are running correct (what is your reference for that?). That is indeed helpful.
But: Don’t you get the same display when you do a simple “select all” in the relation navigator? And I am not sure if your method is 100% safe - when I uploaded the area around Stromiec, JOSM reported an unclosed multipolygon (the boundary between Gmina Stromiec and Gmina Białobrzegi was missing) which I fixed.
Zaczynam ci chodzi. Więc w zasadzie, po kliknięciu np. w powiecie, z podobszarów można od razu sprawdzić, czy obszar ten jest w pełni objęte Gminy, a jeśli granice są wyświetlane prawidłowe (co jest Twoim odniesienia do tego?). To jest rzeczywiście pomocne.
Ale: Nie można uzyskać ten sam ekran, jeśli nie zrobić prosty “zaznacz wszystko” w nawigatorze relacji? I nie jestem pewien, czy metoda jest w 100% bezpieczny - kiedy przesłane obszar wokół Stromiec, JOSM zgłosił niezamknięty MultiPolygon (granica między gminie Stromiec i Gminy Białobrzegi brakowało) które stały.

I simply believe that if having the subareas was really useful and if there was no superior alternative to them, then probably you could find them in e.g. the maps of Germany or the United States - but you don’t (US has them only between national and federal states). I do not know how they solved the problems you are describing, but it might be worth finding out.
And again: Now every map extract that involves adminstrative boundaries is useless - so what is the purpose of the project?
Po prostu uważają, że jeśli mając na podobszarach było naprawdę przydatne, a jeśli nie było lepsza alternatywa dla nich, a następnie prawdopodobnie można je znaleźć np. wMapy Niemczech czy Stanach Zjednoczonych - ale nie (US ma je tylko między państwami krajowych i federalnych). Nie wiem, w jaki sposób rozwiązać problemy opisujesz, ale być może warto się dowiedzieć.
I znowu: Teraz każdy wyciąg mapa, która obejmuje granice adminstrative jest bezużyteczny - więc to, co jest celem projektu?

Andreas, please read this:
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=392704#p392704

We revert your changset. Don´t wonder about.

Wambacher from Germany is OSM Elite Member. He began this discusion in the german forum. He said, Your Job is not ok.
Discuss first and then do.

The fact that your tools don’t support this schema is irrelevant, other people apparently haven’t had problems with this and they may have problems with the other schema. The subarea roles are optional but it is the choice of the original author whether to include the optional elements or not, I think wikipedia has some policy about things like that but not sure where to find it.

You didn’t fix it. You just created duplicate for Gmina Stromiec.
Therefore, what we need is a preview of parent-child relationship.
Please, stop making a mess on the Polish map, if you do not understand because of the use of certain elements due to the specificity of Poland. Just stay within Germany.

Nie widzę przeciwskazań do rewertowania nieprzedyskuowanych wielkoskalowych edycji polegających na kasowaniu elementów.

Napisalem juz na forum niemieckim ze robimy rewert. Nikt sie nie sprzeciwial.
Tak wiec prosze by ktos z Was to zrobil.

Maybe next time you should rather put your effort into replying to someone’s question instead of complaining about the consequences of not replying. I know there was no Poland for 123 years, but this doesn’t mean you can ignore foreigners’ question about your map and expect them to be satisfied.
Anyway - I will do the rest of the editing offline. If someone needs a working map of the administrative boundaries before you reverse your decision, message me. :slight_smile:

Oh, please - do not bring the discussion to this or it will soon end up in dogfight!

PS. Marek - thank you for voice of reason.

No dobra, ale kto to zrewertuje?

Zbyszek,
Dziękuję za przywrócenie do stanu poprzedniego.

In case someone is interested: today’s Geofabrik extract finally contains all admin boundaries (województwo, powiat and gmina) as valid polygons. Then, to get rid of subareas, just run in your favourite GIS a dissolve operation against “teryt:terc” field (which has to be explictly included in converter’s config file - aka “style” or “mapping”) - this is a authoritative unique ID for administrative areas in Poland.