Admin boundary import / Import data sempadan pentadbiran

Are import for Selangor Administrative District (Daerah) boundaries as well as Administrative Local Authorities (PBT) boundaries completed?
Both are in current use and should really be mapped correctly in OSM. Before double checking them in OSM, I’m asking the status here.

• Administrative Districts (Daerah) in use for current MCO (PKP) travel restriction boundaries, land matters etc.
  • Administrative Local Authorities (PBT) in use for all amenities by local government (road, drainage, buses, electricity etc)

Okay, short and simple - I don’t know. I’ll try to explain things, so hear me out:

Someone else picked up my slack for Selangor, Melaka and Negeri Sembilan boundary import. To deal with “upload conflicts”, I definitely need a more proper Internet connection… not simply relying on (limited) mobile connections. Thus, it took eons to finish this import. Up until the moment I kind of no longer interested to import Selangor’s PBT boundaries. No district boundaries for Selangor, but somehow the PBT boundaries made it into OSM. It does feel jarring to do so. That’s what was supposed to be my plan.

My original plan was to import what was made available from Sinar Project. In Selangor, there were only borders of PBTs, but no district boundaries. There were no indication from my side to import any districts of Selangor boundaries.

Sorry, but what a letdown things were.

Good for you. We/somebody need to do the “needful” (quoting from indian service center phase) by going/asking the proper department for official boundary coordinates (probably need to transform datum to WGS84 also). This task should be much easier in Selangor since the local government is kinda open to these sort of requests due to the 'Open Government" thing, just need the effort and the followup to ensure we get the right data. Currently, PBT boundary data just messes up Nominatim address presentation/resolution, and IMO shouldn’t be included as adminstrative layer.

Depending on Sinar project is not advised.

Here’s the response I got from them:

Hi all,

District Boundary data that was once hosted on Sinar Project open data portal has no traceable origin. If I were to use that district Boundary files, I mention it from unknown source

Electoral boundaries - Citations vary based on the year you want to quote from.

Thanks