Adding different names and housenumbers for the same place

I’m new here. I want to improve the search results for nominatim. I need them to be tolerant to different spellings und housenumbers

The place can be called:

Kantgarage
Kantgaragen
Kant Garage
Kant Garagen

The correct housenumbers are 126 or 127 or 126-127

How do I make an OSM entry that gets a search result for any combination of the names and housenumbers?

Right now only this gives a result:
https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/ui/search.html?q=kant+garagen

But not even this
https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/ui/search.html?q=Kant+Garagen%2C+Kantstraße+127%2C+10625+Berlin

WP/wiki/Kant-Garage

thanx

1 Like

German Wiki offers a few more names: Kant-Garagen – Wikipedia

• Kant-Garagen
  • Kant-Garagen-Palast
  • Kant-Garagenpalast
  • Serlin-Rampenhaus
    (is “Serlin” a typo?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

Serlin ist kein typo. Gemäß dem von dir verlinkten Wikipedia-Artikel war Louis Serlin ein Unternehmer und Ingenieur.

1 Like

My bad. I just read the first paragraph, not the complete history

“Louis Serlin” != Berlin
:smiley:

So which housenumber are assigned to this building? Note that this question is not about what kind of searches should find it, but what is assigned there? 126 and 127 housenumbers? “126-127” forming single housenumber with dash in it?

So which housenumber are assigned to this building? Note that this question is not about what kind of searches should find it, but what is assigned there? 126 and 127 housenumbers? “126-127” forming single housenumber with dash in it?

in my area, addresses with several housenumbers usually stem from the fact, that housenumbers aren’t assigned to buildings at all, they are assigned to gates and entrances and shop windows. A business will very often have addresses with several house numbers because they have several shop windows.

In Germany, such numbers usually come from sites being located on several plots (because housenumbers in Germany often aren’t assigned to buildings but to plots).