Creating a new request
Request new categories for this forum by creating a new topic in this category (just click on create new topic). The same process is used to re-enable one of the read-only imported categories from the old forum.
Please follow the new topic template answering all questions, you can use your local language if you are not comfortable with English.
- The current policy to request new categories is based on this proposal.
- The current policy to suggest and select moderators.
Information you will need to provide
Details you will be asked:
- Category name
- Is this a top-level category or a subcategory? (If top-level, describe why that’s needed.)
- Description of its purpose and which open mapping groups it will serve
- Why is this new category needed instead of being hosted as part of the existing ones?
- Is this a new space or is it already existing in other platform(s)? Where?
- What’s the current volume of messages in the former platform (per week/per month)?
- Is there a transition plan for the old platform to this new one? (please link or describe)
- (Optional) A link or list of the category specific guidelines (if none OSM Etiquette Guidelines will apply)
- List the usernames of the category moderators
- Please read the Moderator selection criteria before creating your request.
- Ideally at least 3 users who can commit to moderate the category and enforce the guidelines.
- Brief context about these 3 users and why they would be a good moderators.
- An individual reply from these 3 users supporting the request and committing to their moderator duties.
How requests are processed and approved
Once the request is sent, it will be reviewed by a member of the @forums-governance once they have some time available.
In order to validate the moderators suggested, the Moderator selection criteria will be followed to ensure they fulfill the requirements, that the community agrees the initial list and a voting to approve it. This might take at least 10 days (5 for community discussion, 5 for the voting)